Hi there! I'm glad you're here.
I'm Shannon Livingston, a work-at-home mama and wife. To me, being present for my family is everything, which is why I consider freelancing one of the biggest blessings.
I get to be home with my daughter, but I don't have to compromise that part of myself that enjoys working and contributing to my family's expenses. But it hasn't always been this way.
Maybe you can relate. Have you felt...
- guilty for being gone for work instead of being more available to your family
- frustration because you knew you should've been making more money for the work you were doing
- sick to your stomach driving to work because of the stress that came with it
- discouraged because you didn't feel the work you were doing was serving a meaningful purpose
I could go on, but at one point or another in the 10 years I worked as a corporate marketing go-to gal, I felt these things and I made a promise to myself that I would find a way out of the cycle. There were several things I tried and failed at before freelancing. I sold handmade jewelry on etsy, I started a Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) business. I purchased several domains for business ideas that never came to fruition.
When I finally tried freelancing, I realized it was exactly what I was looking for.
I could still do the work I love - but on my own terms. I've been a Virtual Assistant for 5 years and I know how life-changing it can be. My passion now is teaching others how to create a freelance business that allows them to live a life that works for them and their family. I would love the opportunity to help you:
- Take back control of your time and have a flexible schedule
- Earn a good living that gives you financial freedom and gets you out of that cycle of struggle
- Have a successful career doing work you're passionate about without having to give up time with your family
If freelancing sounds like the change you need, start here to access two FREE tools to get your business started. And don't forget to join the Virtual Career Network - one of my favorite places to hang out! There you can ask questions, bounce ideas off of other freelancers and gain the support you need as you grow your business. See you in there!